Wednesday, September 28, 2011

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Wednesday: Keurig- Green Mountain Coffee, Fruit Bats Pandora station, Blogger = pre-work party.  Today is the 28th of September and the high in lovely ol' Fort Worth, Texas is 96. I am about to crank up my ac, throw on a sweater and brew some apple cider/ lose my marbles if it doesn't cool off soon. I am bursting at the seams to wear scarfs and caps and sweaters.
One thing that has to be said about the terrible drought this past summer is that we actually seem to have fall foliage, I will take what I can get.

In other news, I just finished a book called The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Brief summary, you ask? Sure. A travelling circus only works at night and always strikes its multitude of tents by daybreak. Its shows are truly amazing because real magic plays a large part. But it is also the arena around which two late 19th-century enchanters pitch their protégées against each other, in a contest that has to end in death for one of them.....and they may or may not fall in love with each other. Sounds a little dark and fabulous, well....it is. I recommend that you pick it up.

Unfortunately with the ending of another good book I am left with the age old debacle ....what should I read next? As always I am taking suggestions.....semi okay, mediocre books need not apply. I have a strict 100 pages rule, if I am not sold by the first 100 pages....it goes on the shelf potentially never to see the light of day again.


Happy Wednesday interwebz.


1 comment:

  1. I am reading Cleopatra right now - it is like a chapter out of the most kick-ass history book you've ever read. It's not so much a novel as a historical perspective setting the record straight on who she actually was and all the crap people told us about her that isn't really true.

    I find it fascinating and actually thought of you as I said to myself "is it nerdy I am enjoying this as much as I am?" Let me know if you want the author, I'll have to go look it up. Also Elegance of the Hedgehog? Have you read that yet? One of my all time favorites. I can't remember if you have read it or not.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete