Friday, October 7, 2011

Sisters and Abraham Lincoln


I have a large, involved family composed of Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents etc.... My mom's side of the family is pretty big, I have a lot of cousins who all act as siblings that happen tpo live in different parts of Texas.
My mom is one of three girls and one brother, poor uncle Mike. However none of them had more than one girl, enter Cousin-Sisters. I have two Sara and Emily, and Sara is getting married! After the appropriate amount of pouting (being that I HATE change) about how different everything is going to be and how old we are all getting I have snapped out of it and am SO EXCITED for her, which is helpful being that I am the Maid of Honor!

Both Sara and Emily will be bombarding my humble apartment around 6pm today and I can't wait to giggle and vent and be 100% at ease in my surrounding. There is something so refreshing about family, these girls are the best friends I could ever have and I am so thankful for them.

Yay for Friday!

End of the week anecdote: 

Setting: 2nd grade classroom, the gremlin is drawing out of a Halloween book.

(I was in there to observe this little guy who exhibits majorly inappropriate behaviors ....I was lucky enough to be present and an active participant in this conversation. )

He looks around after copying a picture from said book...and cant seem to find someone to talk to so he looks right at me

Gremlin: "Want to see my Abraham Lincoln?"
Me: "...... what?"
Gremlin: shows me his drawing, "my Abraham Lincoln."
Me: "you mean Frankenstein?"
Gremlin: looks at his picture..."oh yeah, I'm always getting those two confused."

I love my job.

1 comment:

  1. BEST way to end the week. These anecdotes bring me great joy. GREAT joy. Poor Abe, always having a hard time being remembered.

    ReplyDelete